LinkedIn’s internal search algorithm only finds profiles that rank as “complete,” and these can get more than 20 times as many views as incomplete profiles. It’s important, therefore, to complete yours. is the world’s largest professional networking platform. It’s also one of the most influential social media networks, with 756 million members. Members use this site to keep in touch with business associates, clients, and co-workers. But it can do so much more, like it can boost your profile, build awareness of your brand, and help you to recruit the right people. But are you using it in a right way?
I’m going to talk about some valuable ways below by which you can get the best from LinkedIn:-
1. Complete your profile:- Your profile plays a powerful part. All registered LinkedIn users will be able to view it unless you set it to private mode. You can also have a public profile that can be found by external search engines, so that even people who are not registered with LinkedIn can see it. LinkedIn’s internal search algorithm only finds profiles that rank as “complete,” and these can get more than 20 times as many views as incomplete profiles. It’s important, therefore, to complete yours.
2. Contact and Connect with other LinkedIn users:- LinkedIn enables you to connect with people and professional organizations in your industry. This is a great way to stay up to date with the latest developments, and to share information with others in your field. You can invite anyone to connect but they must have their own LinkedIn account. LinkedIn saves the connection that you make in a list. When you make a new connection, you gain access not only to that person’s profile, but to their publicly available connections, too. You can also introduce any two LinkedIn connections who haven’t yet connected to one another, but who might benefit from doing so.
3. Must Start Talking:- Once you’ve made your connections on LinkedIn, the Messaging facility allows you to have real-time conversations with them. The Active Status feature tells you which of your connections are online look out for the green dot beside their profile pictures. Short, automatically generated, contextual responses can help to keep your conversations quick and productive. If you have a Premium account, you can also use InMail.
4. Use LinkedIn groups:- All LinkedIn members can set up or join groups to discuss ideas and share industry news. This can be a great way to develop your professional network. LinkedIn groups can be a valuable source of information, ideas and support. Share your knowledge with people in your groups, and they’ll likely respond in kind. You can use the search bar at the top of your profile page to look for groups and once you are a group member, you can join group conversation, ask questions and send messages to other members.
5. Give and receive recommendations and endorsement:- Your connections can write “recommendations” for your profile, and offer “endorsements” of your skills, and you can do the same in return. Recommendations are personal testimonials that emphasize your professional abilities. Endorsements are simple notifications confirming that you have a particular skill. They may lack the impact of custom-written recommendations, but if a connection endorses you for your leadership skills, it can help you to stand out from the crowd.
These are some of the ways you can follow to get the best out of LinkedIn as LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional networking website. You can use it to build connections in your industry and to stay in touch with colleagues, past and present. It is also an invaluable tool for job searches and recruitment, and a great way to stay up to date with industry news, enhance your professional reputation, and increase the visibility of your brand.